MV12, the second generation of the MV family, brings powerful, advanced analytics capabilities to the Meraki security camera offering in a sleek and compact new form factor. With a more powerful processor and all the architectural benefits of the first generation, MV12 represents a shift from cameras simply ensuring physical safety and security, to providing business intelligence as well.
MV12: BEYOND JUST SECURITY
As with the entire MV lineup, MV12 features an innovative architecture which places high-endurance storage locally on the camera and removes the network video recorder (NVR) from the equation. Not only does this drastically simplify both installation and scaling, but it also eliminates a major network security vulnerability in the IT infrastructure.
Features like LLDP insights, offline device alerting, and built-in remote troubleshooting tools reduce time to resolution and free up personnel to make IT improvements, providing added business value. And, because MV is managed through the browser-based Meraki dashboard and operates using a licensing model, there’s no need to purchase, download, and maintain any additional software. Management through the Meraki dashboard ensures firmware updates will continually roll out over the lifespan of the product, meaning its value will only increase over time.
MV12 comes in three models to support a wide variety of deployments:
- MV12W, with a wide field of view (FOV), provides context footage
- MV12N, with a narrow FOV aids in identifying subjects
- MV12WE offers reduced storage and a wide FOV at a more affordable price
Featuring an industry-leading processor, these three camera models are not only capable of providing high definition (1080p) video, but they also allow for on-board analytics capabilities that previously required additional software and heavy-duty hardware. Harnessing the power of computer vision and machine learning, this camera line will learn to identify object categories, like people. Over time, MV12 will quantify how many people walked by a new t-shirt display in a retail location or lined up at a bus stop, better quantifying customer behavior patterns. And the best part is that it will only get smarter over time.
- Meraki dashboard simplifies operation
- Machine learning capability for intelligent object detection
- Cloud-augmented edge storage minimizes physical infrastructure
- Suitable for deployments of all sizes: 1 camera or 10,000+
- Intelligent motion indexing with search engine
- Built-in video analytics tools
- Secure encrypted control architecture
- No special software or browser plugins required
- Granular user access controls