High Performance 802.11ax Wireless
The Cisco Meraki MR76 is a cloud-managed 2×2:2 802.11ax access point that raises the bar for wireless performance and efficiency. Designed for next-generation deployments in offices, schools, hospitals, shops, and hotels, the MR76 offers high throughput, enterprise-grade security, and simple management.
The MR76 provides a maximum of 1.7 Gbps* aggregate frame rate with concurrent 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios. A dedicated third radio provides real-time WIDS/WIPS with automated RF optimization, and a fourth integrated radio delivers Bluetooth scanning and beaconing.
With the combination of cloud management, high performance hardware, multiple radios, and advanced software features, the MR76 makes an outstanding platform for the most demanding of uses—including high-density deployments and bandwidth or performance-intensive applications like voice and high-definition video.
MR76 and Meraki Cloud Management
Management of the MR76 is performed through the Meraki cloud, with an intuitive browser-based interface that enables rapid deployment without time-consuming training or costly certifications. Because the MR76 is self-configuring and managed over the web, it can be deployed at a remote location in a matter of minutes, even without on-site IT staff.
24×7 monitoring via the Meraki cloud delivers real-time alerts if a network encounters problems. Remote diagnostic tools enable immediate troubleshooting over the web so that distributed networks can be managed with a minimum of hassle.
The MR76’s firmware is automatically kept up to date via the cloud. New features, bug fixes, and enhancements are delivered seamlessly over the web. This means no manual software updates to download or missing security patches to worry about.
- 2×2:2 MU-MIMO 802.11ax
- 1.7* Gbps dual-radio aggregate frame rate
- 24×7 real-time WIDS/WIPS and spectrum analytics via dedicated third radio
- Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy Beacon
- Integrated scanning radio
- Enhanced transmit power and receive sensitivity
- Integrated enterprise security and guest access
- Application-aware traffic shaping
- Optimized for voice and video
- Self-configuring, plug-and-play deployment
- Sleek design blends into office environments
- Full-time Wi-Fi location tracking via dedicated 3rd radio
Ideal use cases
- Harsh, industrial and outdoor environments
- Voice, video and performance-intensive networks
- IP67 rated: tested for dust, shock, vibration and moisture
- 4 radios: 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, dual-band WIDS/WIPS and Bluetooth BLE
- 2-stream UL/DL MU-MIMO 802.11ax up to 1.7 Gbps dual aggregate frame rate
- Gigabit Ethernet port, 802.3af PoE-compatible
- Network-wide visibility and control
- Self-provisioning for rapid deployment
- Automatic reporting
- Seamless firmware updates
- 802.1X and native Active Directory integration
- Air Marshal: real-time WIPS with forensics
- Stateful Layer 3-7 firewall
- Identity-based group policies
- Built-in antivirus scan (NAC)
- Built-in Umbrella DNS Security*
- Adaptive Policy automated segmentation**
- 1-click secure guest access
- Guest isolation firewall
- Customisable splash pages
- Integrated Facebook Wi-Fi login
- RF planning
- Built-in spectrum analysis
- Dual-concurrent radios with band steering
- Classifies hundreds of applications
- Create per-application and per-device bandwidth limits
- Prioritise productivity apps
- Restrict recreational traffic
- Measure visitor capture rate, visit length and repeat visit rate
- Measure visitor trends over time and compare performance across locations
- Enable location services through integrated iBeacon functionality
- Create device-specific firewall rules
- Deploy applications and updates
- Troubleshoot issues with built-in RDP
- Self-configuring, self-optimising mesh
- High-performance multi-radio routing protocols
- Extends coverage to hard-to-wire areas
- Self-heals after cable or switch failures
*Requires an Advanced licence
**Requires an Advanced licence and compatible switch
Choose the antenna based on the install location and designed area of coverage. The datasheet includes a list of certified antennas. These are listed for sale on the product page.
3rd party antennas may be used but it is the responsibility of the end customer/partner to ensure operation is within regulatory compliance.
All dual-band 2×2:2 outdoor APs (such as the MR74 and MR76) have two sets of mount points: the top two are for the 2.4GHz radio, the bottom two are for the 5GHz radio.
(The dual-band 4×4:4 outdoor APs (such as the MR84 and MR86) have both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios diplexed onto each antenna port, thus dual-band antennas should be paired with those APs.)
The model of the antenna denotes whether it should be connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz mount points, or if it supports both. Supported bands are also color-coded on the antenna’s base, where green denotes 2.4GHz support, blue denotes 5GHz support, and both indicates that the antenna is dual-band.
Sector/patch antennas have two connectors. Both of these connectors must be attached to the same radio, a single sector/patch antenna should not be attached to both the top and bottom of the access point
Connecting dual band antenna to single band port will only grant that band. Likewise if you connected the dual band omni antennas to all ports, you would only get 2.4 on top and 5 on the bottom.
Therefore the best choices for the MR76 are:
- Omnidirectional MA-ANT-20 top & bottom
- 2.4GHz Sector Antenna top MA-ANT-23
- 5GHz Sector Antenna bottom MA-ANT-21
The MR76 features single band antenna ports thus single band antennas should be paired with the AP.
Meraki offers a number of antenna options for the MR76 access point. Below is a highlight of the different antenna types and their applications. It is always best practice to consult with a Cisco SE or Partner in to select the best antenna for the unique design.
Omni directional antennas are best for pole mounts applications and for mesh networks. Use omni directional antennas when designing to cover 360 degrees around the Access Point.
Sector antennas are ideal for building mounts as they target the signal away from the interior spaces of the building and focus the energy to the larger outdoor space. This antenna is ideal for exterior building use but may also be used for some mesh network designs.
Patch antennas are ideal for Access points mounted on a high ceiling and is intended to cover a large space. This antenna is ideal for warehouses.
Stadium Patch Antenna
A stadium patch antenna is ideal for a high density AP deign with expected high user per sqft. Examples of this are in stadiums where 1 AP is designed to cover a section and a event center where there is high user per sqft.