The MV Smart Camera family brings powerful, advanced analytics to the typical security camera world. With a powerful processor — the same kind found on many of today’s smartphones—and an innovative architecture which minimizes physical infrastructure as well as software requirements, these smart cameras from Cisco Meraki represent a shift from cameras simply ensuring physical safety and security, to providing powerful business intelligence as well.
MV22X has the same general features and form factor as the MV22, but with 512GB storage.
The larger storage capacity gives users the option to choose between longer retention or higher resolution video recording.
The new “X” model can record in up to 4MP resolution, which is nearly twice the resolution of 1080P. Or, set quality and resolution settings to maximize retention and store up to 90 days of 24/7 video.
MV: BEYOND JUST SECURITY
MV cameras feature an innovative architecture which places high-endurance storage locally on the camera and removes the network video recorder (NVR) from the equation. Not only does this drastically simplify both installation and scaling, but it also eliminates a major network security vulnerability in the IT infrastructure.
Features like LLDP insights, offline device alerting, and built-in remote troubleshooting tools reduce time to resolution and free up personnel to make IT improvements, providing added business value. And, because MV is managed through the browser-based Meraki dashboard and operates using a licensing model, there’s no need to purchase, download, and maintain any additional software. Management through the Meraki dashboard ensures firmware updates will continually roll out over the lifespan of the product, meaning its value will only increase over time.</br>
- Meraki dashboard simplifies operation
- Machine learning capability for intelligent object detection
- Cloud-augmented edge storage minimizes physical infrastructure
- Suitable for deployments of all sizes: 1 camera or 10,000+
- Intelligent motion indexing with search engine
- Built-in motion analytics tools like motion search and motion heat maps
- Secure encrypted control architecture
- No special software or browser plugins required
- Granular user access controls
- Wireless options for easy upgrades from analog